Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Elevator Etiquette

This has happened to me on more than one occasion. Say six people get on the elevator on the fifth floor. We ride it all the way down to the first floor. The door opens, three rather large ladies try to come on. Realizing there is a several people in the elevator they wait. But it is only for a second. They wait for three people to get off of the elevator, they see more people trying to get off and they all step on. Now they have to wiggle their way to the back while we try to get out. Not to mention we had to step aside while they were coming on. What is it with people? They have no respect and manners are a foreign concept. Let me off the elevator, then you can freely get on the elevator. It is not going to leave before you get on. If there are people waiting to get on the elevator I step off and hold the door so it doesn’t try to close while they are stepping on. It seems like a simple concept. But I am always amazed at how as soon as the door opens, people are willing to crawl over you to get on the elevator. HELLO? I am on the elevator; I need to get off before you come in. This recently has become one of my pet peeves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home