Sunday, June 05, 2005

More Questions than Answers

Yesterday, at 0900 I met 10 other people from my work for a private paintball expedition. I was wearing a pair of black sweat pants on top of a pair of shorts. I had a t-shirt on under a dark green polo type shirt. I had a paintball mask on with a camo net on top of that. Just after we got back from our third game in which my team stormed through a village arena with ATF precision, someone asked what time it was. Over the heavy breathing and the huffing and puffing of how hot it was outside I heard them say 1040. As I looked around "camp" everybody including me were just beat. Almost two hours in, around 90 degrees, in a little bit of gear we were all almost wiped out. Here I am, joined in a GAME of war, sweating my ass off, complaining about the heat but throughly enjoying myself and it hits me. What about World War I, World War II, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Desert Storm and Enduring Freedom! What about those brave men and women? In heat more than 120 degrees. Their backs weighed down with over 60 pounds of equipment. Haven't hugged their wife, kids, Moms and Dads in months. Eating MREs (Meals Ready to Eat) if they get a chance. Deprived of sleep for days at a time... All I could think about at the end of hour 4 was how I was going to go home in my A/C house peel my clothes off and slump on the couch for the rest of the day. How I would take a nice shower, eat some pizza, drink a beer and play a board game with my boy... But what about them? What do they think about? They are not playing a game, they don't get to come home in 4 hours and vegetate until they get more energy to pry themselves off the couch. They don't get to see their families, friends in the near future. The atrocities they have seen, the human life they had to take, witness to the last breath their brothers have taken in combat. What keeps them going? How do they do it day in and day out? It can't be our liberal media spewing only bad news from the war front. It can't be the protestors in the streets of New York... I know it is not some of our Senators or Representatives in DC who make treasonous/false allegations of our President and this war for political gain. Is it their families and friends? Is it honor and duty? Is it God and Country? No matter what time of day, what I am doing, I am utterly humbled when I think what our brave men and women do for our country, our freedom!

May God Bless them.

4 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

Jesus, man when W said she had to go to tend to you I thought maybe you were going to have a heart attack or something(damn my luck, you didn't, now i have to wait a little longer to move into your house, and then some). Wish I could have been there to "cover" you(cover yourself bastard, I will not take a speeding paintball for you).

Mon Jun 06, 10:50:00 PM CDT  
Blogger DJJD said...

Larry,
No I think I was close to a heart attack. I was hurting...bad! Completely out of energy, sore, tired, not wanting to walk anymore etc... But don't worry, I am sure W will let you move in.

Tue Jun 07, 03:11:00 PM CDT  
Blogger DJJD said...

Paintball was a blast. And I couldn't have a better team. Me, my direct boss, our lawyer, and our CEO plus this one guy who is one sneaky SOB.

My feet couldn't even begin to fill the shoes of our men and women in the military! What they do in a day for our country I could only hope to achieve in a lifetime.

Not only do they want to close down Abu Graib but the Dems are also calling for the closing of Guantanamo Bay! They sleep every night under this blanket of security and then wake up safe and ask "How was it provided?" It was provided by a bunch of people doing what they have to do to keep you safe at night.

Tue Jun 21, 09:48:00 AM CDT  
Blogger DJJD said...

Can you believe the ruling? I was dumbfounded. According to all the Democrats they are “for the working man”. Here you have the “working man’s” judges make a ruling in FAVOR of big business. What ever happened to private property rights? I am in shock that our highest court in the land was seemingly “bought out”. However, the Supreme Court just “interprets” the law, it does not make law. So ‘We the People’ need to stand up, call our representatives and make a change. Hope is not lost when you live in this great Nation we call The United States. Click on to find out how to contact your representative.

On a side note, I heard, but can not prove that a wealthy citizen heard this ruling and wants to bulldoze David H. Souter’s (A supreme court justice ruling in favor in big business) ocean front property in Maine. Saying he would like to put a hotel and make it more commercial. If this is true, I hope it flies right through the city counsel getting an overwhelming approval.

Wed Jul 06, 01:23:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home